Masks in South Australian Schools
Guard your children’s health & right to breathe free
Breathe Free Gathering
Monday 13th September 2021
Department for Education
31 Flinders Street Adelaide SA 5000
- SA Health Emergency Management
- Activities General No3 – Covid-19 Direction 2021 states page 26; Part 8; Masks; 22 (2)
- “Does not apply at a primary or secondary school (including in relation to staff in school)”
What can you do?
- Acknowledge that a requirement is not mandatory
- Inform your school principal in writing that your child will no longer be wearing a mask
- Nicola Spurrier (CHO)
- has determined that children are required to wear masks in schools.
- The Department for Education
- has implied it is now a requirement, which is backed by SA Health.
- SA Health
- says masks in school are at the discretion of the principal
- The principal
- says they are following directions from the Department for Education.
- have said “The Direction does not state that it is mandatory for masks in high schools”